Discovering New Leadership
Next Module 22nd - 24th April 2018 at the Centre for Alternative Technology
Our society is destroying our future and that of generations to come. Our old leadership is now unsustainable. We now need New Leadership. Discovering New Leadership will springboard your leadership capability to the highest stages.
By joining us in this module you will be able to:
- Explore what New Leadership is, why it is needed, and how it can be developed
- Experience activities that facilitate leaders developing the capability to demonstrate New Leadership
- Develop by being grounded in the earth as you reach for the sky
- Pioneer new leadership back in your workplace and community
This module will enable you to explore the concept of New Leadership by co-creating the answers to these questions:
- Why does our society need New Leadership?
- What is New Leadership and its relationship with the post-conventional stages of adult development?
- How do we transition to our next stage of development?
- How do we prepare to make the transition to post-conventional stages of adult development?
During this module you will have the opportunity to engage in activities which will facilitate your transition to the post-conventional stages of development. These include:
- Mindfulness - witnessing thoughts, emotions and behaviour to gain agility and experiencing a state of consciousness associated with the higher stages of development
- Connection with wilderness and nature - helping us to drop our own ego and learn from nature
- Creative Dialogue - connecting with other people and to think together to co-create the future
All the Create Seven modules employ a development process which allows people to be ‘Grounded in the Earth whilst Reaching for the Sky’. This process has six stages, which every individual and group pass through as they engage in the module.
Grounded in the Earth
- Arrive - We arrive at CAT as individuals, leave our everyday lives behind and focus on our development
- Place - Our group forms and makes CAT our own place for the next two days
- Connect - As individuals we find our own place out on the nature trails at CAT which helps us to reflect, learn and re-energise
Reaching for the Sky
- Journey - Once grounded in the earth at CAT we then each go on our own individual journey of development
- Co-create - Our individual development journeys combine when we come together as a group in dialogue to co-create the future
- Pioneer - We leave CAT as individuals to pioneer new leadership back in our everyday lives
During the last session of the module before the 'closing' activities you will be guided to determine how you can pioneer new leadership back in your workplace and community.
This module starts at 3.00 pm on the 22nd April and finishes at 4.00 pm on the 24th April 2018.
Download a flyer for this module here.
Fees include single accommodation (2 nights), all meals, field trips, materials and facilitated sessions.